We’re hugely thankful for the donations and gifts that enable the ministry of our churches.
NEW: You can give a one-off or regular donation to St Mary’s Church by following this link: HERE.
Many people give to St Mary’s and St Peter’s churches through the Parish Giving Scheme, and now it’s easier than ever to join. Simply call PGS on 0333 002 1271. The sign up process normally takes around 15 minutes. You will need to have the following information to hand:
- Personal bank account details
- The name of the church you wish to donate to (BURY ST EDMUNDS: ST MARY or BURY ST EDMUNDS: ST PETER’S DISTRICT CHURCH)
- Confirm if you want to increase their gift in line with inflation each year
- Confirm if you are eligible for Gift Aid
- The PGS code for your church (330633312 for St Mary’s; 330633313 for St Peter’s)
- Donors will receive written confirmation (by email or post) of their Direct Debit, including details of the church they are supporting, the amount of their gift and the date of their first donation. If you sign up, or want to know more about the way the Parish Giving Scheme works, please contact Stephen Mills email@example.com (St Mary’s) or Stuart Lowe firstname.lastname@example.org (St Peter’s).We’d love everyone to move to regular giving through the PGS. But if you give through the envelope scheme or on the collection plate, please either save up your donations and make them later or make them now as follows:
- St Mary’s Church – put your gift in an envelope through the door of our Gift Aid Secretary, Stephen Mills, at 39 Crown Street (opposite the church main door).
- St Peter’s Church – post your cheques payable to St Peters Church to Stuart Lowe, at 88 Barons Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 2LY or put your gift in an envelope through Stuart’s door. If you prefer to use a debit or credit card on line then contact Stuart Lowe at email@example.com. Stuart will then explain how the card reader can work and will send you a link via email.